Joined: 30 Jan 2004
Location: Munich, Germany
|Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 17:31 Post subject: User Interface/Game Logic Improvements and Bugfixes
these improvements have just been made:
1. Added a confirmation message before canceling temporary remplacements (it was easy to hit the wrong button and thus unintentionally cancel the replacement).
2. An enemy warplanet cannot be intercepted, if it is not on radar anymore (the interception course will be lost).
3. If using the jumpdrive, a set course to a distant target was lost. This has been improved:
- The course remains set, if it is further away than the jump distance.
- Otherwise, the course is reset, as it was obviously just used for indicating the jump direction (else, the WP would fly back).
4. The precision of the map distance tools has been improved. They now use high precision floating math to calculate distances. Now, movements should be excatly 60 LY, when examined with the distance tool (unless, of course, you have chosen a closer target ).
5. Unarmed warplanets now have 60 LY radar range (to fully cover their movement range).
6. In kosmor.de, we had a movement bug in a tournament, which has been fixed. It was caused by an unhealthy combination of "intercept enemy warplanet" and "activate jumpdrive". Now, the following rule applies: If you intercept an enemy warplanet, you can activate your jumpdrive, but after the jump, the interception will be canceled. This is obviously caused by navigators dizzyness after performing long distance jumps.
Bye and have fun!
Commander Maelstroem in the house LINERS--007